Written by The Business Journal Staff
The 33rd annual Top Ten Professional Women and Leading Business Awards honors local professionals who have served as role models and given back to their community.
The Top Ten Professional Women for 2016 include:
• Nada Barrett – assurance director, Moss Adams LLP
• Francine Farber – past president, League of Women’s Voters of Fresno
• Lori Hamada – executive director, AIMS Center for Math and Science Education
• Jeanette Ishii – executive director, Insure America Project
• Bernadette Muscat – professor, Department of Criminology and interim associate dean for the College of Social Sciences, Fresno State
• Caren Myers – vice president, Fresno Lexus
• Leah Press – dermatologist and owner, Minarets Medical Group and Intelligent Skin Care
• Lisa Smittcamp – district attorney, Fresno County
• Linda Jean Voth – business teacher at Roosevelt High School, Fresno Unified School District
• Marsha Vucovich – president/CEO, Fresno Equipment Company
The 2016 Leading Business is Facility Designs, an interior decorating business founded in Fresno in 1991 by Suzanne Byrnes and Kay Garabedian.
Each of the honorees was nominated by a community member, then presented to a committee of nominated judges.
About 1,000 people are expected to attend the event, to be held Oct. 14 at 11 a.m. at the Fresno Convention Center.
This year’s featured keynote speaker, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev, will share her personal experience with dating violence and how it led her to choose advocating against domestic violence as her pageant platform.
Tickets to the luncheon can be purchased for $60 each or a table of 10 for $600, visit https://www.mmcenter.org/top-ten to order online. To sponsor the luncheon, contact Kaysha Rajani, Marjaree Mason Center’s director of development and communications, at email@example.com or 559-487-1313.