Written by Donald A. Promnitz
Fresno County received high marks from the state’s Department of Education with the recent announcement of awardees for California Distinguished Schools.
In total, 13 elementary schools from Fresno County were awarded the title, along with three from Kings County, two from Tulare County and one from Madera County.
According to the CDE website, the awards were given to recognize schools that “demonstrate exemplary achievements” in two categories — closing the achievement gap with impoverished students and exceptional student performance.
“We congratulate the Lincoln staff and celebrate this recognition with them,” wrote the Kingsburg Elementary Charter School District on announcement of the award to one of their schools.
Lincoln Elementary School and the other recipients will be recognized during a ceremony on Feb. 10, 2020 in Anaheim.
- Webster Elementary- Golden Valley Unified
- Lincoln Elementary- Clovis Unified
- Gettysburg Elementary- Clovis Unified
- Fancher Creek Elementary- Clovis Unified
- Malaga Elementary- Fowler Unified
- Morris E. Dailey Charter Elementary- Fresno Unified
- Lincoln Elementary- Kingsburg Elementary Charter
- Ronald W. Reagan Elementary- Sanger Unified
- John S. Wash Elementary- Sanger Unified
- Quail Lake Environmental Charter- Sanger Unified
- Sanger Academy Charter- Sanger
- James K. Polk Elementary- Central Unified
- Herndon-Barstow Elementary- Central Unified
- Fipps Primary- Riverdale Joint Unified
- J. Neutra- Central Union Elementary
- Jefferson Academy- Hanford Elementary
- Frontier Elementary- Pioneer Union Elementary
- Columbine Elementary- Columbine Elementary
- Santa Fe Elementary- Porterville Unified