Written by The Business Journal Staff
That figure is lower than the more than $20 million owed by local taxpayers the last time the list was published in December 2015.
The 500 California businesses and individuals on the latest list owe a combined $449.1 million, according to the Board of Equalization.
Those on the list could have driver’s and other professional licenses suspended until they pay the amount owed or enter into a payment plan with the BOE.
Once again, the local taxpayer with the largest debt on the list is Fresno-based Central Valley Food Services Inc., doing business as Jack-in-the-Box, owing $3.05 million.
The following is a list of the rest of delinquent taxpayers in Fresno, Kings, Tulare or Madera counties:
• Kings Drywall Inc., DBA Kings Drywall Supply, Selma, $2.8 million
• Fresno’s Auto Maxx Inc. DBA Auto Maxx, $1.62 million
• Eissa Hussain Abumaali, Fresno, $1.61 million
• Fresno Auto Source Inc., DBA Auto Source, $874,006
• James Mitchell, DBA Manning Auto in Parlier, $746,160
• Charlene Ann Ellis, DBA Sharper Cars in Fresno, $720,565
• Placencia Incorporated, DBA Mario’s Auto Sales in Kerman, $708,256
• Mario Plasencia, Kerman, $704,381
• Partnership of Gregory D. Gonzales and Roger Paul Toschi, DBA Vernon’s Chevron Service in Madera, $674,170
• Aiman Mohammad Al-Saber, DBA Valley Auto Plaza 1 in Fresno, $664,298
• Catherine Elaine Souza, DBA Souza Tire in Sanger, $599,121
• Jack Du Beau Champ CHV Buick Inc., DBA Champion Chevrolet Buick in Firebaugh, $591,712
• Rajpal Singh Bhullar, DBA KS Food Mart & Gas in Sanger, $499,744
• Ameriwest, Inc. in Visalia, $490,128
• Adelaida Cervantes, DBA Rancho Grande Auto Center in Fresno. $486,641
• USA National Services Corp., DBA as National Auto Sales in Fresno, $452,748
• Abdelnaser Ahmad Ayyash in Fresno $447,763
• Roger Rose in Visalia, $445,359
• Futtatini LLC based in Fresno, DBA Merced City Truck Stop, $439,487
• Clovis Auto Center Inc., $410,557
• Partnership consisting of Gurnam Singh and Molinder K Singh, DBA Pixley Gas Station in Pixley, $407,367
• Partnership consisting of Guadalupe Navarro Lara, Augustin Hernandez Lara, DBA Lara’s Used Cars in Firebaugh, $394,098