The Greater Fresno Alliance of Museums & Educational Sites, a newly created organization representing museums in Fresno, Madera and Tulare counties, is preparing to celebrate its first Free Museum Day on Oct. 28.
As part of festivities for the day, 10 local sites will waive entrance fees during regular operating hours.
“Free Museum Day gives everyone an opportunity to experience the wealth of art, culture, history, science and natural beauty in the greater Fresno region and its surrounding areas,” according to a news release. “The event encourages visitors of all ages to explore and engage in each site’s educational offerings.”
The following museums will be celebrating Free Museum Day:
• African American Historical & Cultural Museum of the San Joaquin Valley, Fresno, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Central Sierra Historical Society & Museum, Shaver Lake, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Fossil Discovery Center of Madera County, Chowchilla, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fresno Art Museum, Fresno, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Fresno County Historical Museum & Big Fresno Fair Museum, Fresno, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Henry Madden Library at Fresno State, Fresno, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust River Center, Fresno, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Shinzen Japanese Friendship Garden & Clark Bonsai Collection, Fresno, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Fresno Discovery Center, Fresno, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Tulare County Museum at Mooney Grove Park, Visalia, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Free admission does not include special ticketed events or parking fees. More museums may also be added to the list of participants.
SKIP THE POP-UPS
For only $69 for one 1-year you will receive the Print edition along with EVERYTHING The Business Journal has to offer digitally, PLUS you will have unlimited 24- hour a day access to view articles at