Written by The Business Journal Staff
Community members are being asked to spread kindness this week in memory of Molly Griffin, a young nurse from Clovis tragically killed by a drunk driver.
Griffin would have celebrated her 25th birthday on Aug. 26. A former Clovis Community College student, the college has chosen to honor Griffin with Molly Day events throughout the week, starting with a message from Molly’s mother, Doris Griffin, this afternoon. Doris Griffin is the admission and records manager at Clovis Community College.
The weeklong #LiveLikeMolly kindness campaign will conclude with a blood drive on campus Friday morning.
“We are very honored and grateful to have the support of the community and learn about the various Molly Day events planned on Aug. 26. We want to offer our heartfelt thanks to everyone for sharing a random act of kindness to remember and celebrate the life of Molly,” the Griffin family wrote in a statement.
Those who perform any random act of kindness this week are encouraged to share their experiences on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #LiveLikeMolly.
The public is invited to the following “Random acts of kindness” events this week at Clovis Community College:
• Aug. 22, “A Mother’s Message” — The meaning of Molly Day message by Doris Griffin, AC1-150, 2 to 3 p.m.
• Aug. 23, “Love Notes to our Military” — write a note to a member of the military, AC1 lobby, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Aug. 24, “Reading Heart book drive” — donate children’s books, AC1 lobby and admissions and records office, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Aug. 25, “Coffee and Kindness” — coffee and donuts from ASG, AC1 lobby, 9 to 11 a.m.
• Aug. 26, “#LiveLikeMolly Day and Blood Drive” — perform random acts of kindness and donate blood, in front of AC1, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.