- Published on 05/14/2013 - 1:27 pm
- Written by PETE YOST,Associated Press
(AP) — Attorney General Eric Holder says he played no direct role in the Justice Department's secret review of Associated Press phone records but called it part of an investigation into what he termed a grave national security leak.
- Published on 05/14/2013 - 11:06 am
- Written by DINA CAPPIELLO, Associated Press
(AP) — It happens about once a month here, on the barren foothills of one of America's green-energy boomtowns: A soaring golden eagle slams into a wind farm's spinning turbine and falls, mangled and lifeless, to the ground.
- Published on 05/14/2013 - 10:55 am
- Written by MARY CLARE JALONICK, Associated Press
(AP) — The Senate has begun laying the groundwork on a massive farm bill that would cut spending while also creating new subsidies for farmers.
- Published on 05/14/2013 - 10:19 am
- Written by STEPHEN OHLEMACHER, Associated Press
(AP) — The IRS acting chief acknowledged Tuesday that the agency demonstrated "a lack of sensitivity" in its screenings of political groups seeking tax-exempt status, but he said those mistakes won't be repeated.
- Published on 05/14/2013 - 10:05 am
- Written by PETER SVENSSON, AP Technology Writer
(AP) — The country's four biggest cellphone companies are set to launch their first joint advertising campaign against texting while driving, uniting behind AT&T's "It Can Wait" slogan to blanket TV and radio this summer.
- Published on 05/13/2013 - 1:55 pm
- Written by STEVE ROTHWELL, Markets Writer
(AP) — A record-breaking rally in stocks paused Monday as investors assessed whether stock valuations were overstating the recent improvement in the economy.
- Published on 05/13/2013 - 11:42 am
- Written by JENNIFER PELTZ, Associated Press
(AP) — The newsstands that dot the city's sidewalks would be able to stock cellphone chargers, offer more batteries and, perhaps most importantly, upgrade their umbrellas under a proposal broached Monday to double a price cap on their wares.
- Published on 05/13/2013 - 11:32 am
- Written by COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press
(AP) — The Obama administration on Monday filed a last-minute appeal to delay the sale of the morning-after contraceptive pill to girls of any age without a prescription.
- Published on 05/13/2013 - 11:23 am
- Written by JULIE PACE, White House Correspondent
(AP) — President Barack Obama on Monday called reports that the Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups "outrageous" and said anyone responsible should be held accountable. He pushed back strongly against fresh Republican criticism of the administration's handling of last year's deadly Benghazi attacks, calling it a political "sideshow."
- Published on 05/13/2013 - 11:16 am
- Written by FRANCES D'EMILIO, Associated Press
(AP) — The latest weapon in the U.N.'s fight against hunger, global warming and pollution might be flying by you right now.