- Published on 06/07/2013 - 1:24 pm
- Written by Associated Press
(AP) — The stock market is closing sharply higher after the government reported a pickup in hiring last month.
- Published on 06/07/2013 - 10:21 am
- Written by DARLENE SUPERVILLE, JOSH LEDERMAN, Associated Press
(AP) — President Barack Obama vigorously defended sweeping secret surveillance into America's phone records and foreigners' Internet use, declaring "we have to make choices as a society."
- Published on 06/07/2013 - 10:10 am
- Written by CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER, PAUL WISEMAN, AP Economics Writers
(AP) — The U.S. economy added 175,000 jobs in May— a steady pace that shows strength in the face of tax increases and government spending cuts if not enough to reduce still-high unemployment.
- Published on 06/07/2013 - 10:08 am
- Written by MICHAEL LIEDTKE, AP Technology Writer
(AP) — With every phone call they make and every Web excursion they take, people are leaving a digital trail of revealing data that can be tracked by profit-seeking companies and terrorist-hunting government officials.
- Published on 06/07/2013 - 10:03 am
- Written by FREDERIC J. FROMMER, Associated Press
(AP) — An appeals court says the U.S. Trade Representative can withhold a classified position paper prepared during free-trade negotiations.
- Published on 06/06/2013 - 2:11 pm
- Written by MATTHEW CRAFT, AP Business Writer
(AP) — A bouncy ride on Wall Street ended with a modest gain Thursday.
- Published on 06/06/2013 - 2:09 pm
- Written by BERNARD CONDON, CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER, AP Business Writers
(AP) — America as a whole has regained all the household wealth it lost to the Great Recession and then some, thanks to higher stock and home prices.
- Published on 06/06/2013 - 11:36 am
- Written by ALAN FRAM, STEPHEN OHLEMACHER, Associated Press
(AP) — An Internal Revenue Service official at the center of the agency's latest scandal told lawmakers Thursday that an expensive conference held in 2010 conformed to existing rules, though he acknowledged it was not the best use of taxpayer money.
- Published on 06/06/2013 - 11:31 am
- Written by FREIDA FRISARO, Associated Press
(AP) — Heavy rain poured down on much of Florida Thursday as the first tropical storm of the Atlantic hurricane season headed toward the state's western coast, while a new tropical storm warning was issued for a swath of the U.S. East Coast.
- Published on 06/06/2013 - 11:18 am
- Written by Gabriel Dillard
(AP) — Officials at a small school district in upstate New York say an "honest mistake" led to students being identified in the yearbook as "Creepy smile kid" and "Some tall guy."