- Published on 11/07/2012 - 2:33 pm
- Written by John Lindt, contributing writer
Visalia-based California Dairies, Inc. (CDI) has purchased the assets of Security Milk Producers Association, a milk cooperative that produces around 1.3 billion pounds of milk a year with sales of around $300 million. According to CDI’s President Andrei Mikhalevsky, the CDI board is expected to finalize a deal this week at its regular meeting.
- Published on 10/15/2012 - 12:16 pm
- Written by Tracie Cone, AP Writer
(AP) — Cannon Michael is a folk hero across California's agriculture heartland, where these days the price of scrap metal influences a farmer's bottom line as much that of the fine pima cotton he grows.
- Published on 10/09/2012 - 12:42 pm
- Written by Gosia Wozniacka, AP Writer
(AP) — Farmers in California's Central Valley say record high gas and diesel prices are putting pressure on their bottom lines, but economists say it's unlikely that will translate into significantly higher food prices in the state and nationwide.
- Published on 10/05/2012 - 1:34 pm
- Written by Ben Keller